Hi,

I need a suggestion "how to structure categories".
My application consists of different classes in different packages like

Utility classes:
swissrisk.databaseLayer.VolatilityPeer
swissrisk.common.IOUtilities

Application classes:
swissrisk.requestdispatcher.RequestDispatcherServlet
swissrisk.requestdispatcher.XMLReader
swissrisk.volatility.VolatilityCalc
swissrisk.beta.BetaCalc

The application classes consists of servlets and standalone modules and uses
the utility classes. Each of the application classes
(RequestDispatcherServlet, VolatilityCalc, BetaCalc) should have a separate
logfile (this can be easily achieved using the categories
swissrisk.requestdispatcher.RequestDispatcherServlet,
swissrisk.volatility.VolatilityCalc, swissrisk.beta.BetaCalc and assigning
different logfiles in the configuration file). My goal is, that the utility
classes logs in the same logfile as the calling application. The utility
classes consists of many static methods and I don't want to pass the
category on every method call.
Is there an easy way for this approach? Can I use NDC to solve my problem?

Thanks for help
Roland Röder    tel:    +41 1 455 70 00
Swissrisk AG    fax:    +41 1 455 70 01
Räffelstrasse 32        mobile: +49 174 3279432
8045 Zürich     mail:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Switzerland     home:   www.swissrisk.com