Hello,
I am considering using log4j as our logging mechanism for EJBs
deployed in Orion 1.5.2.  I appreciate all of the up-front logging
model provided by the Category and Priority intersections.
My concern is that some Appenders may not work well within an EJB
container.  I considered and ruled-out the console, remote server,
Unix Syslog daemon, JMS listener, NT EventLog and e-mail types
for various reasons specific to our application.  I would like the
log4j output to go to a log file, but know this may violate the EJB spec.
Could someone please make a suggestion on how log4j can
write to a file from an Orion-hosted EJB or refer me to a related
archived posting or discussion thread.
Thank you in advance,
- Joe