Hello!

My understanding that you can get only what you allowed to
get as an applet.

Check this:

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/security1.2/tour1/step2.html

Try this:

grant codeBase "file:D:${file.separator}-"
{
        permission java.io.FilePermission "<<ALL FILES>>", "read, write, delete";
};

where D: is your drive.

Good luck!

--