From: Roland Berger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 19 November 2001 14:09
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: AW: log4j configuration via XML

Ok, that worked but I end at the same problem I had before.

The *DOMConfigurator.configure()* methode finds and loads the
log4jConfigure.xml file. Later in this methode a ClassLoader tries to
find
the log4j.dtd file but can't and fails. This mechanism seems to work
with
you. When the ClassLoader failed to load the log4j.dtd there is a second
chance to load the loig4j.dtd. The parser is started and reads the
log4jConfigure.xml file. In <!DOCTYPE log4j:configuration SYSTEM
"log4j.dtd"> it tries to load again the log4j.dtd file. That only
succeds
when I give a legal URI like :
file:///C:/Programme/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3/webapps/pcd/WEB-INF/classes/ch
/ple
num/pcd/log4j.dtd .

Since I'm not able load the log4j.dtd in the first chance. I could load
it
in the second chance. But I don't want to give the absolut URI.
Is it possible to specifie a relative URI?

Again the error I get displayed:

Error from the first attempt to load the dtd file (ClassLoader):

log4j:ERROR Could not find [log4j.dtd]. Used
[sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@404536] class loader in the search.
log4j:ERROR Could not parse input stream
[java.io.FileInputStream@7a5cc].

Error from the second attempt to load the dtd file (Parser):

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Relative URI "log4j.dtd"; can not be
resolved without a document URI.

Thanks
Roland