Hi!

We are using Log4j in our application running on several application
server instance. Each instance have its own set of properties while most
of it is the same for all instances. Since all instances use the same
database, all log messages would go here (we're going to use
JDBCAppender for logging). So, is it possible to invoke DOMConfigurator
twice, once for the default configuration, and second for the custom? Or
do I have to merge the xml files first?

When using PropertyConfigurator, doing this was easy and problem-free
(well, it was a problem before solving the problem with PropertySetter.
See the patch submittied earlier for this.). I just used standard Java
properties with a default and custom part which made it all transparent.
But I figured out that we need to use filters, and as I can see only
DOMConfigurator allow the usage of filters. Please correct me if I am
wrong about this.

Regards,
Georg Lundesgaard (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
Enonic AS (http://www.enonic.com)