I have written a servlet that allows it's users to dynamically set and unset
category priorities.  It does not save any changes.  In past I have
configured a rolling file appender to dump logs in a different webapp's
directory (one that is not archived and has browsing enabled).  This tool
has allowed me to tune logging on systems that I don't have access to, such
as a staging or production servers.  Is this functionality currently
supported by any other free tool?

Jeff