no, the order does not matter. but if u have the same property,value pair repeated, u
will loose all but one pair.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Pon Umapathy K.S.
  To: 'Log4J Users List'
  Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 3:20 PM
  Subject: FW: a question on the properties file(resending)

  Please,someone has an answer?

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Pon Umapathy K.S. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
  Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2001 11:19 AM
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Subject: a question on the properties file

  Hi all,
   I have a basic question on using log4j for logging. Does the order in which
  the name-value pairs inside a property file occur matter? i did some test
  pgms and found that they did'nt matter. But i would like to have it
  confirmed from someone who has got a very good knowledge of log4j before i
  proceed further with my project. So,can somebody help me out,please?

   Regards,
   Umapathy