Johan,

Sorry, my previous reply was misleading and just plain
wrong. In log4j standard edition, support for the
console in FileAppedenr is deprecated. In lgo4jME
however, to save space there is no ConsoleAppender,
instead support for console logging is incorporated
into FileAppender. See the setOption method in

http://qos.ch/log4jME/docs/api/org/apache/log4j/FileAppender.html

Setting the  File option to System.out is what you
want
to do.

Here is an example configuration:

log4j.appender.CON=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.CON.File=System.out
log4j.appender.CON.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.CON.layout.ConversionPattern=%p [%t] %c
- %m%n

HTH, Ceki