Hi.
I have 2 questinos.

I have a html page that has a button "Start Log
Server" which calls a servlet to kick off
SocketServer.  This SocketServer logs to a specified
file on the server. Now, what I want is to have
another button on the html page "shut down Log Server"
that will shut down the SocketServer.  When a user hit
this button, I would like SocketServer to go down
exactly like hitting Ctl-C when running SocketServer
for console appender from command line.  How can I
kill the SocketServer?

2nd question is actually same as 1st one, but my
attempt failed to bring socketServer down so...

I made a ServerSocket variable as static class
variable, and added a new method "CloseSocket()" to
close the SocketServer. But, when a client program
execute such a static method, ServerSocket variable is
null and throws an exception...  (in the
SocketServer's main method, I have a check on
serverSocket variable and if serverSocket is closed,
get out the SocketServer app.)

So.. (this one is more of a psudo-code)

class SocketServer
{
   static ServerSocket serverSocket;
    :
   static void main(args[])
   {
    // start the socket server and initialize
serverSocket
   }
   static CloseSocket()
   {
      serverSocket.close();

class SocketClient
{
   static void main(args[])
   {
      SocketServer.CloseSocket() // serverSocket is
null..

I am using 1.1.3 of log4j on win 2000.

Thanks!!!