Excuse me for the previous posting. Here's it is again with the updated
subject.

Hi Ceki,

I was reading the manual on Log4J site. I could not understand the following
warning under "IBM Websphere" section:

"Though the Redbook is undoubtedly motivated by the most noble intentions, I
strongly discourage you from adopting its intialization wrapper (LogHelper)
approach. The wrapper solution is highly intrusive and goes against the
"separation of usage and configuration principle" so dear to log4j. This
approach unfortunately continues to be suggested by well-meaning log4j
users."

By following this approach one will be insulating their code from the
logging code and hence more desirable (at least to me). The LogHelper class
mentioned in the Redbook does give you most of the functionality.

Any insights would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
--Venkat