Hi,

I'm new at log4j and have a problem.

I need to use the DailyRollingFileAppender to log messages. I create the
Appender using the following statement:

errorCategory.addAppender(new DailyRollingFileAppender(layout,
"d:/is/share/system/log/error-log-", "yyyy-MM-dd-HH-mm'.log'"));

The problem is a wrong file creation. Log4J creates a file called
"error-log-" and overwrites the file every minute with the next error
messages.

Does anyone know about troubles with this appender?

I use W2k and the following java version:

[y:\core] java -version
java version "1.2.2"
Classic VM (build JDK-1.2.2_007, native threads, symcjit)

Thanks
Klaus