Where does my XML properties file need to be in my J2EE application?  When I
run the application locally on my own machine (while developing) I have the
properties file in my project's root directory and it finds it without any
problem.  If I put the file anywhere else it cannot be found.

I read the log4j FAQ about how log4j classes and the properties file use
different classloaders.  My question is: Where does that properties file
need to be in order for the classloader to load it?  For instance, in the
WEB-INF directory or something?  Also, the FAQ suggests trying to load the
resource yourself to see if you can find it.  How do you do that?  The code
they suggest is:
Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader().loadClass().  How does this
work for an XML properties file?

Any help/suggestions/tips are much appreciated!

Sara Prigge