Is there a way to explicity set a category's parent using the API?  I don't
want to explicity put entries in my log4j.properties file for each class I
create a category for.  This seems way too much work and unmanagable.  I
want all my categories using the same Appender.

I've wrapped Category in my own class (this will also make it easier to move
to Log4J ver 1.2 where Category is deprecated).  I'm using Log4J ver 1.1.3.

I want to have all my category's inherit appenders from a parent category
for my project, but I don't want them to inherit directly from the
rootCategory.  I'm running Jboss and it uses Log4J for its logging
(resetting the rootCategory will affect Jboss' logging and I don't want to
change this).  I want to set additive to false for my parent category (not
inherit appenders from rootCategory), then have all my child categorys have
additivity.

--
Bryan K. Hunter
[EMAIL PROTECTED]