I am afraid not. This is a patent limitation with the configuration of
the SMTPAppender. There are of course solutions, I mean we could just write
the relevant code. However, I was wondering if it was not smarter to use
the code in jakarta-commons beanutils and/or digester. I use both libraries
in other contexts to great satisfaction.

This is probably a disappointing answer. You have 3 options,

1) Write a TriggerAfterXLogEvents class which is not configurable, i.e X is
  a compile time variable.
2) Wait for someone else to write the config code for you.
3) Do it yourself.

Cheers, Ceki

At 19:10 07.02.2002 +0200, you wrote:
>I wrote my own implementation but I need to know if there is a way to take
>the
>parameter value from a config file like adapters parameters.
>Dana

Ceki Gülcü