Well you typically get faster log performance to a file. And there's much more
flexibility using regular expressions than select statements. I write all kinds of
short Perl scripts to do common log file parsing tasks.

Donnie

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 02/08/02 03:48AM >>>
There is a benifit, when you need to do a lot log analyzation or have a lot
very different logging going on, you want to lok at in a convinient way
without looking at 100 log files. You can just put it in a Table and do
analyzes and or use a small (web-based) log-viewer program and have all
choices that you can think a "select" statment for.

Simon