With  Reference to Log4j1.1.3

Our Platform is Windows 2000 server machine.

Problem1:
if user defines multiple categiories and appenders and start getting log
information in multiple log files can he ever discontinue them currently even if
we comment or delete categories and appenders associated to  them from
properties file log files of deleted categorie are not being released and their
handle is being kept with log4j and these files keep on logging data in them. We
have to restart  the logging component to release  the handle and stop it from
writing data in files related to deleted or commented categories.

a sample file is being attached here with. Kindly reply ASAP.

Problem2: Can we archive or roll file after reaching maximum size at a diffrent
location / directory , on same machine or remote machine?

Regards

Kim
(See attached file: logger5.txt)