Hi all,
I have a small problem. I need your help guys.

Currently i have a dir structure set up like this with
some class files in each of them.

dir1 - contains class1,class2 and class3
dir2 - contains class4
dir3 - contains class5
common - contains log4j.properties

When i run dir1/class1 i need logging to be done in
say class1.log.
I could achive this by conf log4j.properties.

log4j.category.dir1.class1=info, cls1
log4j.appender.cls1=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.cls1.File=logs/class1.log

When i run class1, it uses classes in other dirs too.
eg dir2/class4
Now i wud like to log messages from class4 also in
class1.log.

But when class4 runs independantly[say it is called
from the command line],
i need messages from class4 and any other class it
used to be logged to log into class4.log.
Thus when a class is called by some other class it
should log onto where
the calling class is already logging.

How do i achieve this?

This will help me analyse the flow thru the messages
logged
when class1 runs invoking methods of diff classes.

Thanks,
Krishna