> Sounds very similar to what i do.
> I use different categories to direct my messages to another
> fileappender...thus..different log file.
> just instantiate the cateogires you need.   and use them appropriately.

Does that mean that I can do the following:

public final class EWCInit extends HttpServlet implements Runnable
{
 static Category mAppLog = Category.getInstance(EWCInit.class);
 static Category mTrxLog = Category.getInstance(EWCInit.class);
 mAppLog.debug("some debug message");
 mTrxLog.info("some transaction completed by some user etc....");
}

Thomas