Hi All,
I wonder whether anybody can give me a completely example of the XML
configuration file for the DailyRollingFileAppender? If you don't mind, I
have the following questions:
1. How can I let the DailyRollingFileAppender to keep only one generation of
the rolled over file? i.e, if I want to roll over once a week, I only want
to keep the log file for this week and last week, no more than that.
2. The following is my XML configuration file(roll over once a week is not
set, I don't know how). What else I missing?
3. If I do not have the weblogic/logs directories, will log4j create them
for me? Or do I have to phisically create those two directories under /work
before hand? If the answer is yes, how can I do it?
Thanks.

Tim
****************************
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<log4j:configuration>
    <appender name="dailyRollFile"
class="org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender">
            <param name="File" value="/work/weblogic/logs/portal.log" />
            <param name="DatePattern" value="'.'yyyy-ww" />
               <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%-15d{ABSOLUTE} %-10p
(%c) - %m%n" />
            </layout>
    </appender>
        <category name="com.telusmobility.portal.register" priority="debug">
                <appender-ref ref="dailyRollFile" />
        </category>
        <root priority="debug">
                <appender-ref ref="dailyRollFile" />
        </root>
</log4j:configuration>
Tim Wei                                           Programmer/Analyst
E-Business Infrastructure