Ceki,

Category.getChainedPriority()  has been removed in log4jv1.2 beta2 (i also
checked the javadocs online).
It has been replaced by  public Level  getChainedLevel()+ADs-

I believe that as the Priority class is used as a superclass for Level, then the
method getChainedPriority() should remain, to preserver backward compatibility.

This is what the problem was with building JBoss using the log4j v1.2beta 2
jar - what caused the compile error.

I've looked in the history, and there is no mention of the method being removed.

Am I in error?

Regards,

T Master