Greetings all,

I'm new to the list, but have been looking through the archives for
JDBCAppender info, and haven't found the answers I'm looking for.
Specifically:

        1)  I'm trying to log to a DB2 database with the JDBCAppender, but
it appear to use some JDBC 2.0 features, which DB2 does not yet fully
implement.  I ran the test code and got this:
java.sql.SQLException: [IBM][JDBC Driver] CLI0626E  Updatable Result Set is
not supported in this version of DB2 JDBC 2.0 driver.
        at
COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.SQLExceptionGenerator.throwNotSupportedByDB2(SQLExcepti
onGenerator.java:756)
        at
COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2ResultSet.moveToInsertRow(DB2ResultSet.java:3848)
        at com.klopotek.utils.log.JDBCLogger.append(JDBCLogger.java:389)

Has anyone successfully used JBDCAppender with DB2?

        2)  I saw mention of the fact that the JDBCAppender was included in
the log4j distro, but I don't believe this is true.  Seems like this would
be a valuable addition, any reason why it's not included?

thanks in advance,

Todd