You can set the Threshold of a certain appender (which is assigned to your desired
category) to the lowest priority that should go there. For example: Threshold = Warn
... only Warn, Error and Fatal go to this Appender.

If you want to log only a certain priority you have to set a filter
(PriorityToMatch-Filter) for this certain appender ... you need to use a
XML-config-file for this.

I hope this helps.

Nicole