From: Curic, Steven A [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 9:14 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: JMS Logging outside WLS JVM

Hello all,

I am having an issue logging to JMS. It seems that if a class resides
outside of the weblogic JVM, JMS configuration does not get performed
properly. The problem seems to occur when the initial context is being
retrieved to get a handle to the topic factory and topic queue.
InitialContext requires the INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY and PROVIDER_URL to get
a handle to the weblogic JNDI when being instantiated outside the weblogic
JVM. I guess the framework assumes the class is always loaded internally. I
did a quick test and altered JMSAppender.java so that it reads these two
values from the properties file along with the tcf binding name and topic
binding name and it worked fine. I just wanted to check if log4j handles
this already. Does it?

Regards,

Steve C

**
is unauthorized.

the governing KPMG Consulting client engagement contract.
**