At 11:56 AM 3/21/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>         I am trying to configure Log4J with two configuration files.  The
>reason for this is as follows:

Michael,

I've been doing multiple config files without much of a problem at all.  As
long as the root is only defined in one file, and also that there aren't
duplicate categories in the same VM, you shouldn't have a problem.

If you download the Expresso Framework (www.jcorporate.com), and check out:
com.jcorporate.expresso.core.logging.LogManager

You should see where I implemented the reading of multiple XML files.

HTH!
                                                 -Mike