You have to set in your classpath the libraries present in the
distribution of log4j under the directory /build/lib.

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Edward Q. Bridges [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Inviato: venerd́ 22 marzo 2002 17.57
A: Log4J Users List
Oggetto: org.w3c.Element exception with DOMConfigurator

when i compile a class that calls DOMConfigurator.configure(...)
i get a class not found exception cause the compiler is looking for
org.w3c.Element.

i know i could just add the w3c classes to my jarpath, but why is it
looking for these
classes in my classpath???  shouldn't that be compiled code that does
not need to know
about the w3c classes?

thanks
--e--