Hi,

I recently released a Python logging module heavily influenced by (but not
an exact translation of) log4j.

For more information, see

http://www.red-dove.com/python_logging.html

This implementation has a liberal license and has been proposed as the basis
for an addition to the Python standard library. It's very lean, but is
feature-packed (one Python module - under 1500 lines - includes core
functionality of loggers=categories, handlers=appenders, formatters=layouts,
filters plus logging to console, files with rollover, syslog, NT events,
SMTP and more).

I'd be grateful, if  you think it's appropriate, if you could add a link on
the downloads page (where all the other links to log4j-inspired systems
are).

Many thanks for your great work on log4j. For my Java work, it has been a
lifesaver! I just wanted to make the same great features available to Python
users :-)

Best regards

Vinay Sajip