Hi,
  I am working on the reference implementation of j2ee server. I am using
jakarta log4j.
  I am able to log from normal standalone programs. but, when I try to log
within the EJB or server side code. I am getting following errors:

log4j: No appenders could be found for category (some.category.name).
log4j: Please initialize the log4j system properly.

  I came to know that its because of non availability of properties file. Can
any one tell me how to assign a appender for the log4j in sun's reference
implementation of J2ee server.

Regards,
Sreeram M C
Bodhtree Consulting Ltd.