There's a good example of using an initialization servlet in the
documentation. It works well

-----Original Message-----
From: Nair, Ranjini [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2002 10:53 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Problem specifying the properties file path in
PropertyConfigurat or

Hi All,
  I am having problems specifying the path for the properties file in
PropertyConfigurator.configureAndWatch(). I'm using log4j1.1.3 and am
initilizing log4j in the servlet. I'm calling this method as,

PropertyConfigurator.configureAndWatch("\\projects\util\log4jProps.lcf",
5000).

I find that on our development servers, this does not work and I need to
specify the drive in order for the initialization to work,

PropertyConfigurator.configureAndWatch("c:\\projects\util\log4jProps.lcf",
5000). I have this directory in the CLASSPATH but that doesn't seem to help.

The drive is different on the development, QA and production machines. Is
there any way that I can overcome this dependency on the drive letter?

Thanks,
Ranjini.