Hi there,
I have some questions concerning the licensing of Log4J.  Obviously, the
package is released under the ASL, and I do believe I understand the
license.  However, certain source files contain conflicting statements of
copyright (or in the case of nteventlog.cpp, NO copyright/license
statement).

I was wondering the reason behind this, and if, as I assume, it's merely
an oversight, it could be remedied.

The following files contain different and possibly conflicting
copyright/license notices than the majority of the source files, which
simply contain a reference to the ASL (this list is from version 1.1.3):

DenyAllFilter.java
ErrorHandler.java
NDC.java
nteventlog.cpp
PriorityMatchFilter.java
Roller.java
SimpleLayout.java
SocketAppender.java
SocketNode.java
StringMatchFilter.java
TTCCLayout.java

As I hope you can appreciate, statements in files such as:
"Copyright (c) 2000 Ceki Gulcu.  All Rights Reserved."
Could be a concern to entities wishing to use and re-distribute the Log4J
code with their products...

So, any thoughts on this?  I'd greatly appreciate any information, as
hopefully it would alleviate my own fears as a developer using Log4J...

Thanks a lot =)

-Josh Salit