Hello Ceki,
I would apprecaite if you could give me  info on how to use socket appender
to  log messages from ejb's,servlets,jsps.I want to use
PropertyConfigurator.configure(filename) only once and made it avaliable to
all  programs what would be the best way to do so?

Following  is  my properties file that i am currently using:
log4j.rootCategory=STDOUT_Appender,File_Appender
log4j.appender.STDOUT_Appender=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.File_Appender=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.File_Appender.File=E:/bea/wlserver6.1/samples/examples/log4jlog/log4jbea.log
log4j.appender.File_Appender.Append=true
log4j.appender.File_Appender.MaxFileSize=10kb
log4j.appender.File_Appender.MaxBackupIndex=4
log4j.appender.File_Appender.layout=org.apache.log4j.SimpleLayout

and the initialization servlet:
public class Log4jInit extends HttpServlet{

    super.init(config);

   // String prefix =  getServletContext().getRealPath("/");
    String file = getInitParameter("log4j-init-file");
    // if the log4j-init-file is not set, then no point in trying

      BasicConfigurator.configure();
    PropertyConfigurator.configure(file);

I am not able to make the PropertyConfigurator.configure(file) avaible to
ejb's.

Any help in this matter is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sunita