Hi,
It seems that log4j.disable and log4j.enable are not working with 1.2beta version.
When I tried log4j.disable with 1.1.3 version it works fine. Is 1.2beta backward
compatible? Is there replacement of this statement (log4j.disable) in 1.2beta, because
even log4j.enable was also not working with 1.2beta. If anybody faced the same problem
and has the solution then please help me out!!! I really wanted to use this
parameter(disable).
Thanks,
Samip.
  Samip Ladhawala <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi
I found answer to my previous question...
But I tried to use log4j.disable and log4j.enable. None of them are working. My
Property file looks like this:
log4j.debug=true
log4j.rootCategory=debug, dest1
log4j.disableOverride=false
log4j.enable=OFF
log4j.appender.dest1=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.dest1.File=d:/projects/logexample3/log4.log
log4j.appender.dest1.Append=false
log4j.appender.dest1.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.dest1.layout.ConversionPattern=%-5p %l %x: %m%n
I tried to change the position of log4j.enable, but it's not working. I am using this
in my test servlet. If anybody has solution, please help me as soon as possible.

Samip.
Samip Ladhawala wrote:
Hi,

Is there any way to enable and disable logging dynamically in servlets. If we use XML
configuration file and change additivity for suppose debug to false then it will not
disable debug but everything else. Is there anyway we can enable and disable
everything and we can change it to enable as and when we want. Did anybody try this?
Please Help!!!

Thanks in advance,

Samip.