I find this curious since 1.2 is supposed to be backward compatible with
1.1.3.  Does the wrapper use some deprecated methods or something?  I'm sure
it uses the Category class (which is migrating to the Logger class in 1.2),
but that class is still available in 1.2.  I haven't used the commons
wrapper, but I did look at it fairly closely.  Didn't seem heavy enough to
become incompatible.  Maybe I missed something.

-Mark