Hi,

 Does anyone know how I can use the DOM based configuration to do the
following?

My application logs to a Class name based category i.e.
‘uk.co.his.eop.????”

I want to

1.  Put all DEBUG and above messages to a file
2.  Put all INFO and above messages to the console

If I set up to the two logger/category elements with the same name the
second is ignored, but I can only specify the
Level inside a logger/category element.

This is what I mean (I’ve removed details of the appenders, for
clarity):

      <logger name="uk.co.his.eop ">
        <level value="DEBUG"></level>
        <appender-ref ref="file"></appender-ref>
      </logger>

      <logger name="uk.co.his.eop ">
        <level value="INFO"></level>
        <appender-ref ref="console"></appender-ref>
      </logger>

In this case the file shows nothing(empty) and the console shows
everything of INFO and above!

If I swap them around – i.e.

      <logger name="uk.co.his.eop ">
        <level value="INFO"></level>
        <appender-ref ref="console"></appender-ref>
      </logger>

      <logger name="uk.co.his.eop ">
        <level value="DEBUG"></level>
        <appender-ref ref="file"></appender-ref>
      </logger>

The console shows nothing and the file shows everything of DEBUG and
above!

What I am attempting to do seems quite simple and typical for logging
purposes.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers Julian Kite