> Can anyone indicate the use of the trace property in chainsaw?
> Chainsaw uses the attribute 'Trace' for each log statement which can be
> checked or not.
> What does this mean and how do you use this?

If trace is checked (= true) then a Throwable have been given as argument to
the log statement. The stacktrace from this throwable is then visible in the
message area.

> Another problem I'm having is that the 'Location' information in Chainsaw
is
> shown as 'null'.  How can this information be set?

The location information is method and linenumber information (VERY
expensive at runtime to calculate - but usefull in debugging situations).
I can't remember how you make them available to chainsaw, and I don't have
my work-computer at my side - anyone else ?

/max

> Thanks for ideas and suggestions.
> Jeroen
>
> --