While searching through the mailing archive I found a lot of info about
configuration within J2EE (more specific, application servers like WebLogic,
WebSphere, ...) but I didn't find exactly what I was looking for.  Here it
comes:

When configuring the Log4J environment through DOMConfigurator.configure,
this should only be done once for the entire application.  In normal
applications this can be done in the main class.  However, what is the best
way to configure the Log4J environment in an entire J2EE application with
framework using EJB's deployed for example on WebLogic?

Where and when should you best load the XML configuration file?  In some
startup classes?

Thanks for your ideas and suggestions
Jeroen