From: Rajan Annadurai [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2002 12:50 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: log4j for file write

Hi All,

I have a simple requirement:

I would like to use log4j for the following purpose ....

1.      Will create a logger and will let it know what file name to use
, rotation size
2.      The logger should blindly write whatever I pass to it.
3.      I do not want any additional messages written into the file (no
time stamp/id etc ...) . Only the message I pass to it.

 Basically we all ready have a framework to have levels, filters and
message format. So we need log4j to only write to a text file and also
rotate it based on size.

How will I  be able to do this.  Please point me to any sample code if
available.

Thank you,

Rajan