Modify JDBCAppender and print out the driver name.  Check to see what it's
initializing as.  Also, make sure the driver is in your classpath.
Steve

                      "Jyothi

                      Panduranga"              To:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      <jpanduranga@telv        cc:

                      erse.com>                Subject:  JDBCAppender problem

                      06/12/2002 01:44

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      "Log4J Users

                      List"

Hi,

  I am trying to run the example program 'Sort' with some modification
to 'sort1.lcf' file.  I have attached the 'sort1.lcf' file.  I trying to
write the log to SQL database.  I am getting this following error when I
ran 'Sort' program. Can anybody please tell me what I need to do to fix
this problem. I am new to log4j.

log4j:WARN No such property [username] in
org.apache.log4j.jdbc.JDBCAppender.
log4j:WARN No such property [buffer] in
org.apache.log4j.jdbc.JDBCAppender.
log4j:WARN No such property [commit] in
org.apache.log4j.jdbc.JDBCAppender.
log4j:WARN No such property [url] in org.apache.log4j.jdbc.JDBCAppender.
log4j:ERROR Failed to excute sql
java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name
not found and no default driver specified
        at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.createSQLException(JdbcOdbc.java:6031)
        at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.standardError(JdbcOdbc.java:6188)
        at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.SQLDriverConnect(JdbcOdbc.java:2458)
        at
sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcConnection.initialize(JdbcOdbcConnection.java:320)
        at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver.connect(JdbcOdbcDriver.java:163)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:517)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:177)
        at
org.apache.log4j.jdbc.JDBCAppender.getConnection(JDBCAppender.java:192)
        at
org.apache.log4j.jdbc.JDBCAppender.execute(JDBCAppender.java:155)
        at
org.apache.log4j.jdbc.JDBCAppender.flushBuffer(JDBCAppender.java:230)
        at
org.apache.log4j.jdbc.JDBCAppender.append(JDBCAppender.java:126)
        at
org.apache.log4j.AppenderSkeleton.doAppend(AppenderSkeleton.java:222)
        at
org.apache.log4j.helpers.AppenderAttachableImpl.appendLoopOnAppenders(Ap
penderAttachableImpl.java:5
7)
        at org.apache.log4j.Category.callAppenders(Category.java:190)
        at org.apache.log4j.Category.forcedLog(Category.java:375)
        at org.apache.log4j.Category.info(Category.java:678)
        at examples.Sort.main(Sort.java:54)

Thanks,
Jyothi

For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--

 NOTICE:  This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may
 contain legally privileged and confidential information intended solely