I think this question was better directed at Log4j
than JBoss. We are using JBoss for our development
environment and with the latest release if I don't use
something like the init servlet it will just use the
jboss instance of the logger to dump out our
debug/error messages. If I call the configure method
though in the init servlet it will put the output into
a loop for the entire server. I need to do one of two
things the way I see it to fix the problem.

1. Figure out a different way to make it so that our
application doesn't use the JBoss log4j instance, or

2. Edit their(Jboss) configuration file so that my
output is directed elsewhere so that I can have some
control over the level of debugging without turning
the whole server to debug mode instead of info.

TIA,

Bryan