Log4j, used in Jboss, cannot find our app-defined renderer.   (This may be
more of a Jboss issue than log4j)

log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate renderer
[com.participate.util.logging.ValueObjectRenderer;].

The settings are correct (i.e. there aren't any typos):

log4j.renderer.com.participate.util.value.IValue=com.participate.util.loggin
g.ValueObjectRenderer;

I was told that since JBoss internally uses log4j, you need to set the
system classpath in the run.bat so that the class is available to Jboss.

I tried changing the JBOSS_CLASSPATH and the CLASSPATH in run.bat (the jboss
startup script). No dice.

Any insights? thanks in advance.

related post:
http://www.mail-archive.com/log4j-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg05152.html