>  I was going to put the loggers into jndi so that I could gain access to
> them from within my EJBs. I know that Jboss does have built-in jboss
support
> but I am trying to keep my EJBs pure so that I would not be tied to one
app
> server (actually a constraint on my project).

Another possibility would be to create your own logger class with abstract
methods such as info, debug etc. Provide a static factory method
getInstance(name : String) that returns a subclass of your logger (possibly
after looking up the class name via JNDI) that works as a wrapper for a
log4j (or whatever) logger.

--
Eric Jain