I am new to Log4J. Regarding NDC, I use push() to store and pop() to get the
latest. How do I retrieve the whole stack of messages in one shot?

-----Original Message-----
From: Fergus Gallagher [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2002 2:10 AM
To: Log4J Users List
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [POLL] NDC over MDC

In one application I have a chain of 5 javax.servlet.Filters.  I find it
handy to pop the name of each one onto the NDC so I know where I am in the
stack.

I also use them for tracking certain recursive calls or state.

Certainly not indispensible, but very handy.

But prefer?   Probably not - it's just that most of my code is pre-MDC.

Fergus

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 08:35:08PM +0200, Ceki G?lc? wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there anyone who prefers to use NDC instead of MDC? If so why?
>
> --
> Ceki
>
> ps: Please reply to log4j-user@ if you choose respond.
>

> --
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--
Fergus Gallagher          Tel: +44 (20) 8742 1600
Orbis                     Fax: +44 (20) 8742 2649