1) Filters are only configurable using xml configuration files, not property
configuration files.

2) You can also look at using LevelRangeFilter.  It allows a range of levels
(ie INFO thru WARN) to be excluded/included.  Configuration is similar to
LevelMatchFilter; see the javadoc for allowed properties.

The original message is a bit confusing.  I am assuming that "text
properties files" is actually referring to the output log file.

hth,
-Mark