Hostname yes. Can't get pid without using native code.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:Daniel.Hannum@;smed.com]
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2002 10:04 AM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: %P and %H addition to PatternLayout

I'd love for this to be addressed. I don't want this message to be
quietly
ignored, so... bump.

These are required in my work. If we don't do this, then I'll have to
hack
it up myself. However, I believe Java doesn't provide a means to get a
pid.
I'm not sure if this is true, but it would throw a wrench in this.

Does anyone know if these can be done? Or if the developers want this to
be
done? Cuz a patch is trivial if Java provides the functions.

dan

Mike Schilli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 11/07/2002 09:34:43 PM

Please respond to "Log4J Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>