Hello Ivan,

Well, you shouldn't use File IO in an EJB app because you can't
guarantee that the file can be read off the filesystem.  For instance,
the file could be served out of a jar file.  However as long as you
get an InputSream or URL of your properties or XML file, then you are
fine.  That means you can store your config file in a jar archive or
in a JNDI directory or wherever you want.  That said, I've not done
too much with EJB, but, in theory, there is no problem in reading your
config in EJB's.

Jake

Tuesday, November 19, 2002, 10:47:07 AM, you wrote:

FIH> Hi-

FIH> I want to use Log4J in my EJBs.
FIH> The guidance I've been getting is that EJBs should not access system files
FIH> (e.g. log4j.properties).

FIH> Is there a recommended mechanism for configuring the LogFactory for EJBs?

FIH> Thanks,
FIH> ivan.

FIH> ==============================================================================
FIH> This e-mail is intended only for the use of the addressees.  Any copying,
forwarding, printing or other use of this e-mail by persons other than the addressees
is not authorized.  This e-mail
FIH> may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from
disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by
return e-mail (including the original
FIH> message in your reply) and then delete and discard all copies of the e-mail.
Thank you.

--
Best regards,
 Jacob                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]