I am using AsyncAppender/FileAppender to log messages for my
application. There are around 40 to 50 threads that would log messages
at a given point in time. I have my VM max memory size at 256m and I
very quickly run out of memory in less than 5 minutes. If I use just the
FileAppender the memory does much better but still I could watch the
memory climb in chunks over a period of time. I ran my application with
"Fatal" level and it could run for 2 days without any problems. I am
using 1.3.1_02 (could not move to 1.4.x because of other constraints).

Has anyone else run into this problem? Maybe I am not setting some of
the parameters correctly. Any help on this problem would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Selwyn.