Hi,
I remember sometime back there was a post states that
we can do it like:

<param name="DatePattern"
value="'c:/log/${var}/'yyMMdd'.log'" />

The var can be from system variable.

But I have a question here. I configure log4j with the
server, so the configure file are read on the startup.
but at that time, the variable is not available yet,
so the value becomes "c:/log//020116.log". whenever I
restart the server, there will be an empty file
created under c:/log, but the actual log file should
be in the individual subdirectory of c:/log for
differrent $var.
How can i avoid to create the unuseful files?

Thanks

--- peter at merikan dot com <"peter at merikan dot