Depending your specific requirements for a logging solution, your other
option is to use whatever logging services are available on your OS. What I
have in mind is Syslog on BSD/Linux or Event Log on Windows. I always
considered it to be a "standard" for logging if you are developing for a
specific OS.

                                                To:      "'Log4J Users List'"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      Lutz Michael              cc:

                      <michael.h.lutz@s         Subject: C++ logging solutions

                      iemens.com>

                      01/22/2003 10:04

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      "Log4J Users

                      List"

I apologize in advance for this question being asked on the Log4j list, but
unfortunately I'm running out of options.

My organization requires a C++ logging solution, and after looking
carefully
at the Log4j ports to C/C++, I'm finding important functionality missing
and
maturity lacking somewhat.  One of our options is of course to join forces
in development (probably w/log4cpp), this is something we're of course
considering.

Can anyone (please!) point me in the right direction to a listing of C++
logging solutions?  Is there a standard in C++ as there is in Java (I
consider Log4j to virtually be a Java standard in a practical sense).  My
organization will consider both Open Source and commercial alternatives.

Any help is **greatly** appreciated.

Sincerely,
Mike

This message and any included attachments are from Siemens Medical
Solutions
Health Services Corporation and are intended only for the addressee(s).

otherwise confidential information.  Unauthorized review, forwarding,
printing,
copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited and
may
be unlawful.  If you received this message in error, or have reason to
believe
you are not authorized to receive it, please promptly delete this message
and
notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Thank you

For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]