Ceki Gülcü wrote:

Hi Ceki,

Is whole days go by without a single log been generated, then why do you need to rotate log files?
There are days with too much traffic and some others don't.
I need to rotate them on a daily basis in order to send a daily report to the marketing team.

To answer your question, there is no NOP operation. However, you could modify DailyRollingFileAppender to roll on demand. There is such an appender. It is org.apache.log4j.varia.ExternallyRolledFileAppender
The ExternallyRolledFileAppender class seems to implement a client/server solution. I need to use another approach.

Thanks.

Regards,
   Nuno Carvalho