Sorry, mistake in my xml.  Try this instead:

<logger name="Request" additivity="false">
  <level value="debug"/>
  <appender-ref ref="Request"/>
</logger>

<root>
  <priority value="debug"/>
  <appender-ref ref="DailyLog"/>
</root>

You can tell how often I actually change additivity.  As penance I shall
update the section in the wiki faq about the logger format.  :-)

-Mark