What exactly isn't getting recognized? What are you changing? The only thing that I know can be done using configureAndWatch is to add loggers. Someone please correct me if I am wrong here. So, you can add them, but removing them from the properties file will not cause a particular logger from being removed from the logger Hierarchy. The only way to remove them from there is programatically. configureAndWatch() is pretty limited.

Jake